RECREATION YOUTH BASKETBALL
BOYS GRADES 3-8; GIRLS GRADES 3-12*
Registration is now open for the 2017-18 Season (closes Oct 1)
Register on Community Pass
(Click on Community Pass Tab on the right side of this page)
Click on the Youth Basketball website below for detail
- Mandatory skills evaluation in late October/early November
- We do NOT permit switching of teams due to a participant's personal schedule or their conflicts with practice nights.
- Practices may begin as early as the first week of December.
- There will be one practice a week. Coaches select a practice night that is based on school and time availability and the coaches personal availability.
- There are no practices over the Winter break, December 26 - January 1, 2018.
- Practices and games are held at various township schools and facilities.
- Locations are dependent upon the facilities we have secured from the school board for our usage and which gyms are appropriate for each age group.
- Games begin on Saturday, January 6, 2018. Games will be on Saturdays.
- The schedule runs through mid-March.
We need volunteer coaches for all divisions. If there are not enough volunteers, your child may not be able to participate. (register to coach on Community Pass) NOTE: All volunteer coaches will be subjected to a background check.
*NOTE: GIRLS WHO PLAY ON THE HS TEAM MAY NOT PLAY RECREATION BASKETBALL
Team Registration Opens: October 2, 2017
Registration Ends: November 13, 2017 or when the league is filled
THE LEAGUE AT A GLANCE:
In the HS Rec basketball league, team captains organize and manage their own team. We encourage students to coach their team (although a parent may be coach). However, an adult (age 21 or older) must be present at all of your games on your team bench.
The HS Rec league has 2 divisions - 9/10th Grade and 11/12th Grade. There is a maximum of 24 teams in the league. There is a 10 game regular season and playoffs.
All games will be played at Greenbrook School. Games will be scheduled Monday-Friday at 6:45, 7:45 and 8:45 (make-up games can also be played on Saturdays).
The season will begin on Monday, December 4, 2017 and be completed before spring sport try-outs start (March 2). Your team will play 1-2 times a week. Each team will play 3 games in December. The schedule will start again in January. No games will be scheduled on full day school closings.
Eligible participants are:
- Students who attend South Brunswick HS;
- Students who live in South Brunswick twp and attend a private HS/home schooled.
NOTE: Those who play on a NJSIAA school basketball team (any level) are not eligible to play in this league.