Our hiring process will be progressing in 2017. Please go to http://www.policeapp.com to see our job posting for new police officers.
The South Brunswick Police Department is seeking qualified energetic male and female applicants to become police officers in our growing and progressive department. Competitive starting salary, benefits, and training, along with a great work environment, are only a few of the things offered by our Department!
It is our objective to hire qualified individuals while promoting equal employment opportunities for all. Employment opportunities will be afforded to those persons meeting Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications without regard to age, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation or gender. All efforts will be made to create a diverse workforce that reflects the demographics of the rapidly expanding community we serve.
- Is a citizen of the United States
- Age not less than 18 years nor more than 35 years. However, age restrictions shall not conflict with current state and federal law
- Is sound in body and of good health sufficient to satisfy the board of trustees of the police and firemen's retirement system of New Jersey as to the eligibility for membership in the retirement system
- Is able to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently
- Is of good moral character, and has not been convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude
- A minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college or university or a letter from an accredited college or university indicating that the applicant is expected to have 60 college credits by the end of the then current semester is required at the time of hire In lieu of 60 college credits, the applicant may substitute four years of active military
- service in any branch of the U.S. Military from which the applicant has received an honorable discharge
- Resident of the State of New Jersey
- Possession of a valid New Jersey motor vehicle license
Additional recruitment information may be obtained by calling 732-329-4000 X-7417.
To the South Brunswick High School:
Use 750 Ridge Road, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852 for GPS or Map Programs
Located on the corner of Ridge Road and Stouts Lane